About Me

My photo
Hi. My girlfriend and I moved to Afghanistan for a year to run the marketing deparment for the country's biggest telecom company...Roshan.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Traffic Jam




Hey....where are you guys off to so fast?






Oh.


These characters caused a giant traffic jam for us this morning.    If no other cars existed in the world,  the trip from the compound to work would take 10 minutes.   Even though we ride in these sweet Toyota vans from the 70's.



The normal trip to work takes about 30 minutes due to regular traffic.  When these marines roll around town in their giant whatever those things are,  everyone just stops driving.   Everyone is scared of suicide bombers attacking,  so they take a possum playing dead approach.   If I stop my car here,  no one will notice me.

Today the trip took about an hour.  Luckily I was in one of the vans with working AC.

P.S.  Don't take pictures of the Army guys.  It enrages them.

No comments:

Post a Comment