About Me

My photo
Hi. My girlfriend and I moved to Afghanistan for a year to run the marketing deparment for the country's biggest telecom company...Roshan.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Note On "Ex-Pat"

I realize that some of you don't approve of the word "expat".   In fact,  I called a certain friend - you know who you are Alex - and he almost got off the phone with me because I used it too many times in a row.

Unfortunately,  I'm probably going to use that word a lot in the upcoming months,  so apologies if it offends your sensibilities.   I just don't have another word for someone from another country living and working here.  Everyone calls them ex-pats,  I didn't make it up.

I'm open to the word "Pause-Pat" -  I just don't know if it will catch on.

America,  I still love you.  You were just smothering me a little.  I think we need a break,  see some other countries for a bit.  I'll be back in a year and I'm sure we can work things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment