About Me

My photo
Hi. My girlfriend and I moved to Afghanistan for a year to run the marketing deparment for the country's biggest telecom company...Roshan.

Monday, October 18, 2010

A Smell to End All Smells

Holy crap.  I got smacked in the face today by B.O. the likes of which I have never encountered before.

The people of Afghanistan have a lot on their minds,  and a lot of problems.....therefore showers are not always a high priority.  I get that.  But today was not your normal unshowered man smell.  This was something extraordinary.

I was sitting in this hallway waiting for a meeting when this innocuous looking fellow strolled by me.  Nothing happened for 2 seconds,  then like a dog senses fear I started to realize something was wrong.....and then 3 seconds later I was struck down.   This man's BO has a five second trail, following him like a rotten ghost wherever he goes.

It wasn't a normal smell.  I've smelled horrible things before.  This scent nose raped me.  The smell traveled up my nose,  into my head,  and strangled the part of my brain that is responsible for happiness.

I haven't been right since.  I want to brush my teeth.  I want to set my clothes on fire.  I need to Q tip my sinuses.

A few minutes later Karima came and sat down next to me.   And then the same man walked by.

I waited 3 seconds and said "Karima, take a deep breath...."

3 comments:

  1. I made the mistake of reading this while eating breakfast this morning. I laughed so hard that I spit my meal worms all over my keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes, man. You just made me wanna vomit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's referred to as BBO... Beyond BO

    ReplyDelete