About Me

My photo
Hi. My girlfriend and I moved to Afghanistan for a year to run the marketing deparment for the country's biggest telecom company...Roshan.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween In Kabul

Halloween in Kabul turned out to be a rager.  We went with a group of about 15 people to a giant party at Relax Guesthouses.  The costumes actually turned out to be pretty amazing in a country where the costume stores are limited.  I saw the best Beetlejuice I have ever seen,  and a pretty solid Edward Scissorhands.

Our costumes were admittedly very hastily thrown together.


Karima stole my Kabul Golf Club hat and polo (and a pair of argyle socks) and went as....I guess a golfer.

I wrote book on my face.  Facebook.  Ha!  Get it?  Kill me.

The advantages to being on of few americans at a party.  No one knows I stole my costume from Jim in the Office halloween episode.

The disadvantages - I went mildly insane after dozens of explanations,  blanks stares and questions like

"Why do you have 'Bo' and 'Ok' written on your face?"

Our security team was kind to us last night,  giving us an additional hour of curfew.  The high altitude warm heinekens were unkind,  striking us down with morning hangovers.

I went for take out chinese today,  one of the best meals I have had yet.  So good.  So very good.

Between that,  a little TV watching and a solid 3 hour nap,  I felt like my weekend was a success.

More pictures to follow,  I have to track them down from a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment